Thursday, July 26, 2012

Truth about Romney

The following letter was published on July 26, 2012 by
The Austin American-Statesman
Austin, TX


I suspect the Bain Capital fiasco, in the sense of Mitt Romney hiding from the truth, is the first big round delivered by the Democrats against Romney's run for the presidency.

In my reading of The Boston Globe account on Romney's tenure at Bain Capital and watching Romney on TV deny the claims, I, like many others, felt Romney wants to buy and lie his way to the most powerful position in the world.

Could this be a common trait among some of the most twisted, wealthiest people in the world? I would think not.

President Richard Nixon was not considered to be among the people with the greatest wealth, yet he claimed he was not a crook.

Time will tell about Romney's denials, as well. I suspect there are other rounds of discoveries that will make his denials transparent. Knowing what many of us know now, I wonder whether there are any regrets on the part of newspapers that endorsed Romney?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home