Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wishing another would follow the path of Powell‏

Like many, I was delighted to hear that Colin Powell endorsed Barack Obama, even though many of us wished he had had the courage to resign the Bush administration during the run up to the Iraq war. That would have made a difference in the eyes of the country and the world. Even though I agree with Colin Powell that McCain’s VP pick, Sarah Palin, pushed the Republican Party too far to the right, I’m not convinced that this reason alone is why Powell endorsed Obama. In my opinion, the endorsement of Obama is a way for Powell to redeem himself before the eyes of the Bush administration, the country, and the world. Mainly, I believe, this is his way of separating himself from the denials of the wrongs perpetrated by the Bush administration. Like many, I can only hope that some day Condoleeza Rice will make her break from the Bush administration’s pretense world that laced with so many denials. She is too talented to hold herself hostage to such an out of touch, lost, corrupted administration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home