Thursday, August 31, 2006

9/11

Like many it was acceptable to me when the U.S. invaded Afghanistan to pursue the enemy responsible for the tragedies resulting from the attacks on Sept.11, 2001.

When the Bush Administration decided Iraq should be added to the mix on the war against terrorism it opened the eyes of many viewing the Bush administration as an out of control lynch mob.

I think the silence and the votes for the war against Iraq along with a little over 70% of the public, according to the polls at that time supported the war, revealed to many in my country that the U.S. had lost something very sacred. The attack on Iraq was a betrayal of the U.S. spirit while the world watched on.

Like many I will never forget 9/11. Like many I will never forget that child that lost both his arms and legs as a result of an arrogant administration with a cowboy mentality that rushed to war on a nation found not to be linked to 9/11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home