Monday, October 11, 2004

Senator Murray's work is well known

Unlike some of the natives in Massachusetts, a few years ago I didn’t know of Senator Therese Murray. I was approached with a request to do sketched portraits of children around her in a composition. The request came from an organization that wanted to present something special to the Senator during a celebration for her. I was too embarrassed to tell the organization that I didn’t know the Senator.

I made a few phone calls and talked to a few people out the earshot of the organization. The warmth, love, and admiration people I talked to have for the Senator helped me in transcending those qualities in the com- position. I can’t criticize her opponent because I really don’t know anything about his work. I do know from the eyes I looked in of the people I talked to about Sen. Murray; they all loved her work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home